Friday, March 12, 2010

My Children

In July of 1979 we had our first child,a boy, Jeremy. I was so in awe and so happy. Doug & I married 4 months later in November.Things were great for the next 3 1/2 years til I blundered and messed things up.Doug & I were split up for the next 4 months.We finally got it together discussed the mistake I had made, then came my baby girl in February of 1986, a girl Blythe. Everything was great for the 2 years after that and then Doug's blunder. His start for trouble with the law, which made things hard for having a family.We split up in 1988 and in December of 1989 from a different father I had my last child, a boy, Brandon.Doug & I went in bouts with our 2 children. Kinda like a same old story same old song and dance."I'm gonna prove you an unfit mother and take then away, so I went for soul custody,and won. I believe you have one mom and one dad and anyone who denies a parents involvements who wants to be involved, is no good in my book.Unless of coarse there are signs of abuse.
The kids choose to live with there dad,Didn't have to fight no one for Brandon as his dad never saw him but 2 times before I moved to Washington in 1998. My other 2 kids called Doug dad of coarse, and being the dad that Doug was, he was the only dad that Brandon ever knew. The 17 years Doug and I were divorced before his passing in 2006 it seemed like I was in & out of relationships,just trying to find that special someone I could grow old with. All the way to his death Doug always told me "I'll grow old with you Karen." Which he did basically. We always lived in the same towns. He followed me up to Washington where we finished off raising the kids, until he left us April 2,2006.You know even when you split up with someone, and you never live with them again, but they're the father of your children, you really don't think about one of you going first and how it will end. But felt so much pain for my children.

3 comments:

  1. I really liked it mom but the end made me cry, I forgot dad would always tell you that

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen, I just got done reading this post & was very moved by it. So much so that I wanted to let you know that Bubba still loved you very much clear up until he passed. The last few hours before he passed away, he would want me to rub the pain away in his back. While I was doing this, we were talking and he kept asking me if you had arrived yet. He told me that he still loved you very much and wanted to see you one last time before he passed. He told me that he loved you, the kids and grandkids so very much and wanted ya'll to know it. I know that you guy's had you're ups and downs over the years, but he still loved you very much. I know this because he told me on numerous occasions, most especially the last few hours he was still with us. I hope I didn't over step my bounds, but I thought you would like to know. Take care, Janet

    ReplyDelete
  3. Janet I know he did,it kinda made me feel good and bad at the same time.After he passed knowing that, I kinda wish he could have met someone and gotten over me. I always love him in a special way, but knew living together again would never work. Every time he moved in with me and the time I moved in with him in Oregon, we could go no more than 3 months without getting into it. LOL It made me feel so bad when we lost him and I wish I would have spent a little more time with him than I did. But he will remain in our hearts forever!!!Karen

    ReplyDelete